Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I Joined The Gym Yesterday!

As we've discussed in the past, I am working on losing weight and feeling great.  Several health conditions helped me pack on the pounds over the past few years.  I feel proud because I joined the gym yesterday!

Now that the weather is better, why join the gym?  Here are a few reasons:

- my daily walk gets boring even when I change the route;

- sometimes I am not disciplined enough to workout at home daily;

- I have no excuse for not working out on warmer days because I can visit an air-conditioned gym;

- knowing other women share the same goals and are making it happen; and

- now that I have health problems, exercise is part of my treatment and I have to make room for it.

If I continue to go to lunch with my friends and family, I'll keep packing on the pounds.  Working at home get sedentary so I took initiative and joined by myself.  I already worked out for half hour yesterday and burned 150 calories. 

I can't wait to go this morning.  Yes, going to the gym works for me.  Does it work for you?  Why or why not?

When I don't have time for the gym, I pop on a 10 Minute Solution DVD.  It only takes 10 minutes to enjoy the benefits of exercise.  With the 10 Minute Solution and the gym, I know I'll have Venusity in my swimsuit this summer!  What are you doing to achieve your health and fitness goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment