Sunday, November 8, 2009

Hallmark Store Holiday Open House


Every year, we go holiday shopping at the Hallmark store. I don't have the time or energy to search endlessly for the right gifts. The Hallmark store is a no-brainer with all kinds of cool gems for everyone on my list.

We went to the Hallmark store last night to get Thanksgiving cards. I could not find any specialized Thanksgiving cards in Rite Aid so I decided to go for the sure thing - Hallmark!

I had no idea November 7 and November 8 was the weekend designed as Hallmark's Holiday Open House. The kids and I had a blast! All the new holiday goodies were out and we could not resist doing a little Christmas shopping.

A new display of customized holiday snowman ornament was out. The little snow people have names or messages. Best of all, there is a little button on the bottom of each snow person to make it light up! You can also purchase a matching bag to finish off your pretty gift.

There are snow people for parents, grandparents, teachers and a wide range of names. The kids are ahead of me now with their Christmas shopping because they decided to get the snow people for Grandma and Grandpa.

Believe it or not, we scoffed up the last "I Love Grandma" snowlady on the display! The personnel could not tell me when the display would be restocked so we were glad to be there the first day of the Hallmark Holiday Open House.

By the way, I also found the loveliest Thanksgiving cards. I treated myself to a mini pumpkin Yankee candle and a small box of Godiva milk chocolate pearls. (Yes I did spend that 5 bucks on me and it felt good. Shhh, don't tell!) I often give both as gifts for holidays and occasions. They are affordable gifts eveyone always loves!

I also found what I want for Christmas. Every year, my husband buys me a gift from Hallmark. This year, I want an adorable Hallmark ornament with two pink purses and sunglasses that says, "Like mother, like daughter". My daughter found it and we agreed it was the gift of the year (she'll make sure to tell daddy!)

Do you shop at the Hallmark store for the holidays? Are Hallmark cards and gifts your favorite! We'll be back to Hallmark for our Christmas cards and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment