Sunday, March 13, 2011

Weekend Girl Talk: Daylight Saving Time 2011 and St. Patrick's Day Plans

Daylight saving time 2011 means more evening hours to take walks and spring into fitness.  We all asked, "What time is it?" upon waking up.  I remember to change the kitchen clocks last night, so the current time (that's New York time)  right now is almost 2 pm.  It felt like we slept too late but we really lost an hour!

With weekend girl talk in mind, does daylight saving time have an impact on your health?  A Huliq article discusses the impact daylight saving time 2011 could have on your health including sleep deprivation and heart risks.  We decided to take it easy and sleep in late.  This afternoon, we are spring cleaning in honor of daylight saving time 2011.  By tonight, we should be back on schedule and well-rested.

We have to get the house clean for St. Patrick's Day on March 17 so the work started today.  Last night, I bought the corned beef and cabbage to make in the crock pot.  I am trying my own recipe and will share it next weekend (if it works out well).  I have parent-teacher conferences all afternoon on St. Paddy's Day, so the crock pot will hopefully save the day.

Shape has a great article entitled, "Saint Patrick's Day: Top 5 Festive Low-Calorie Drinks."  My Irish side loves to imbibe on St. Patrick's Day but it defeats my fitness efforts to consume calorie-rich Bailey's.  Shape's suggestions sound tasty and low calorie, a perfect combination.

I'm glad spring has almost sprung now that we're past Daylight saving time.  I am looking forward to longer evenings for walking . Of course, the spring also brings plenty of rain which can keep you indoors.  Last week, I discussed buying a Tony Little Gazelle from Craigslist.  I got it and we love it!  No impact on your joints and it feels good.  I just turn on the music and get going. 

I had one years ago and it really helped me shed pounds and stay fit.  I can't wait to get into that sweet little bikini from Victoria's Secret, so I'm definitely motivated to workout!

Are you tired from daylight saving time 2011?  Did you start getting ready for St. Patrick's Day?  How are your fitness efforts coming along?  Enjoy this beautiful weekend - what's left of it!

Check out this simple and fabulous corned beef and cabbage recipe in a crock pot - think I'll try this one rather than experiment:

No comments:

Post a Comment